Sunday, February 20, 2005

Intentions

It feels good knowing my intentions are translating into tangible results in this new formed run group. Whilst still at an embryonic stage, I can feel a momentum propelling us forward. I'm not sure how long this motley crew of runners of varying skill levels will last but I'm an privileged to be part of it.

I've never taken the initiative to adopting the role of a co-ordinator. It feels great that people are joining us. Even more peculiar is that I'm in the process of convincing two girls to be my running mates this year to achieve a time of 3:40:00 in the marathon this year. This time will allow them to qualify for Boston.


I'm not sure why these guys and gals allow me to run with them. I chat a lot, wax poetic, and dream in technicolor and I relay to them my running goals. They are so fast! I am definitely a Turtleboy. But I won't back down. If anything, it galvanises me in a way I never have been. The motivation for running has always stemmed from within me. It feels strange yet exhilarating to be on the receiving end.

It seems that this group is getting a life of its own and now I'm being swept away by its undercurrent. I think that it's best that I sit back and enjoy the ride. I'll find out this Thursday from Dorys whether or not 3:40:00 is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home